On this tour you will discover one of the most important Jewish neighborhoods in Europe. With our guide you will know every detail of what happened with this Jewish community in the neighborhood of Josefovo during World War II.
2 hours and 30 minutes.
Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday.
- Guide in Spanish specialized in art, history and culture of the Czech Republic.
- Map of the city with advantages and discounts.
- Entrance to the Maisel synagogue.
- Entrance to the Jewish museum.
- Entrance to the Pinkas synagogue.
- Entrance to the Klaus synagogue.
- Entrance to the Jewish cemetery.
- 15 minutes before the indicated time you should meet with the guide or assistant in front of the Rudolfinum Palace, no. J. Palacha.
- You will recognize us by our navy blue umbrellas with the logo of Touristic Prague Tour, posters and bandoliers.
|Students / Over 65s
|Children 2-12 years
|Under 2 years
This neighborhood was founded in the 11th century and after suffering a terrible genocide it became the first walled ghetto.
In the 13th century the one that is currently the oldest preserved synagogue, the Old New Synagogue, was built and three centuries later its period of greatest prosperity began under the government of Mayor Maisel.
This cemetery was in use from the 15th to the 18th century and today it still contains more than 60,000 tombs. In the 19th century this district would be renamed Josefov.
We could say that one of the most curious things about this neighborhood is that in the 20th century, due to the interest of Hitler for this place, both Nazis and allies would keep this neighborhood intact with a remarkable and perverse reason, turn this neighborhood into the museum of the disappeared race.
Thanks to this idea, valuable objects from synagogues of the occupied countries have been collected here, becoming the largest collection of Jewish objects in Europe.
Why book this tour with us?
- There is no better way to get to know the city than enjoying a tour of Prague with a professional guide and in your native language.
- We work in small groups, we want you to feel comfortable and to hear the whole history of Prague.
- We have an emergency number in case you get lost in the tour, you arrive a little late and you want to join or an unexpected event occurs. We are willing to help you.
- Fixed price. No one is going to force you to pay anything else.
Frequently asked questions
Do you know everything about the passage of the Jews through Prague?
Yes, but, if you want to expand your knowledge about the history of the Jews in the Czech Republic, you can always complement this visit with a trip to the Terezin concentration camp.
When should I book?
As soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially on bridges and holidays.
We will send you an email with a voucher you can print or carry it on your mobile to our activity.
Is it a shared tour?
Yes, it is a shared tour with more people, if you want to do a private tour click here to know other options.
These activities are held throughout the year, including holidays; in the extremely unlikely event that a public tour is canceled by TURISTICO s.r.o, the amount paid by the client will be fully reimbursed. If a client can not attend a public activity for any reason, they can receive 100% of the refund if they cancel their visit 72 hours before the service.