Terezin is a walled city with a small fortress, which served as a military barracks for the Nazis during World War II. This was used as a Jewish ghetto and later the fortress served for the Nazi army as a concentration camp. Here we will find the impressive memorial in honor of the victims of political and racial persecution.
5 hours and 30 minutes.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
- Local guide in Spanish.
- Round trip bus to Terezin.
- Entrance to Terezin concentration camp.
- Map of the city with advantages and discounts.
- 15 minutes before the indicated time you must meet with the guide or assistant in front of the Powder Tower (Prašná brána).
- You will recognize us by our navy blue umbrellas with the logo of Touristic Prague Tour, posters and bandoliers.
|Students / Over 65s
|Children 2-12 years
|Under 2 years
Terezín is located near Litomeřice, it was built by Josef II. at the end of the XVIII century and it is the only sample of the military fortification of the classicism era. The military fortress with extensive bastions and underground casemates has been preserved almost intact.
During the II. World War became the ghetto for Jews of all European countries and later in the field of deportations to Auschwitz. Walking through the streets of this sinister city it is difficult to imagine the importance of it in the plane of the Final Solution. But the barracks, the streets of it, were the scene of one of the lies of the II. World War. The movie named "Ciudad regalada" is produced, a film produced in order to cover what is really happening in the concentration camps.
The second part of the city, Little Fortress, served at that time as a prison of the GESTAPO. It is a place, where the suffering of people is felt to this day. This is where the National Monument of the Holocaust victims is located.
Why book this tour with us?
- There is no better way to get to know the city than enjoying a tour of Prague with a professional guide and in your native language.
- We work in small groups, we want you to feel comfortable and to hear the whole history of Prague.
- We have an emergency number in case you get lost in the tour, you arrive a little late and you want to join or an unexpected event occurs. We are willing to help you.
- Fixed price. No one is going to force you to pay anything else.
Frequently asked questions
What will I know on this tour?
In this tour you will know everything about the Terezin concentration camp, the Second World War and the uses that were given to this field, if you want to expand your knowledge about the passage of Jews through the Czech Republic, you can always book the tour of the Jewish quarter and the old city.
When should I book?
As soon as possible to ensure availability, especially on weekends and holidays.
We will send you an email with a voucher you can print or carry it on your mobile to our activity.
Is a shared tour?
Yes, it is a shared tour with more people, if you want to do a private tour click here to see other options.
These activities are held throughout the year, including holidays; in the extremely unlikely event that a public tour is canceled by TURISTICO s.r.o, the amount paid by the client will be fully reimbursed. If a client can not attend a public activity for any reason, they can receive 100% of the refund if they cancel their visit 72 hours before the service.